Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wedding Gifts: Part 2


Almost one year ago, I sat in the back of a bi-plane as I watched and video tapped my wife (fiancée at the time) taking flight for the first time. Of course this sparked a new curiosity and hobby she was interested in, but thankfully it has been put aside for her love of riding at this time. Boy, she picks expensive hobbies! Check out her wedding gift post HERE.

The day has finally arrived!!

Over the last year I patiently waited for the winter to be over and the roads to be clear of ice and snow so that I could participate in my wedding gift! Stephanie purchased a Dream Car Sprint for me through Gotham Cars. This experience allowed me to sit in the driver’s seat and have full control over an exotic imported sports car of my choosing. Originally, I was sad that the laps were on a controlled course; however, I quickly realized that this would allow me to drive at top speed without the annoying slow driver limiting me. I set up my appointment time and patiently waited for the day to arrive. I pre-registered on-line a couple days before THE day and was bummed I wasn’t able to pick my car on-line. But then THE day finally arrived. With my proof of insurance (yes they did require that) and my driver’s license in hand, we headed over to the track.

It was a beautiful day with not a cloud in the sky. The temperature was just right and the cars were beautiful! I read and signed the final paper work, which stated “this is an extremely dangerous activity” and that I was liable for any damages as well as the requirement for a helmet… boo! Next I picked my car, in which my two choices were Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder or Ferrari 599 GTB. We waited for about an hour because (of course) I chose the more popular car, the Lamborghini, but I wasn’t complaining! While waiting, we were watching everyone else (all men) take their turn.  I couldn’t believe I was THE only girl there that was going to drive! All the other ladies there were just cheerleaders for their husbands/boyfriends.

My READY face!

Blasted helmet!

Then finally, my number was called! I strapped on my helmet and slide into the gorgeous convertible! With 540hp at my fingertips, I took the first lap with restrain so I could learn the turns and as lap one finished, I pushed down on the gas pedal more and more. The company didn’t allow for a long straight away, probably so people/drivers couldn’t get the cars too fast. With the instructor next to me encouraging me, I stomped the gas and floored the engine as the car reached 100mph! Reaching the end of straight away, I let my foot off the gas and turned the corner into the rest of the track, including a hairpin turn! It drove like a dream, so smooth almost like I was gliding along the pavement. 

The guy who keeps people from crashing.

Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder

Top down!

After my ride, I didn’t want to leave. I would have loved a turn behind the wheel of the Ferrari, but I’m sure that is somewhere in my future! I posed for some photos and then bought an awesome shirt! We headed off for a lovely vegetarian dinner and then I raced home to look up specs and other opportunities on the company website! They offer a day of driving… kind of like a tour on some back roads… in the car of your choosing with your significant other or friend in the passenger seat (without the instructor). That is definitely something I would save up my pennies for! The only problem would be choosing just one to drive! Until then, I will be dreaming about my experience and the possibilities of the future!

Ferrari 599 GTB

Steph is really hoping for "swim with sharks" =)

 Check out the video of me driving at top speed:


Don't forget to visit our YouTube Channel xo

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! We love how unique your wedding gifts to each other were. The video is very cool! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send wedding gifts to pakistan. Send wedding gifts like wedding flowers, wedding gift hampers, wedding cakes, wedding mithai tokra, wedding suits. best wedding gifts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sooo happy you posted this.I’m glad I saw your blog-gives me a daily fix of happiness!.we have designer gift packing for all occasions on very cheap price.

    ReplyDelete