Wednesday, April 4, 2012

BiConfident and In Love - Lindsey's Story


We bring you our first BiConfident guest blogger, Lindsey, in which she shares how she embraced her bisexuality and fell in love with her wife, Geri.  Lindsey is a lovely person and you can follow her blog HERE!

"I can't help falling in love with you". -Elvis Presley

Isn't that the truth? My wife and I met in a university dorm over 5 years ago. She was friends with my boyfriend at the time and wanted to check out who this girl he kept talking about was. At the time she was in the closet. I acknowledged but ignored my bisexuality. That weekend we played board games and I wanted to sit next to her. I don't know what it was, but I wanted to be near her. I decided I was going to be friends with her. Easter 2007 we took a trip to a friend's family's house in Ohio. It was my first time hanging out with her without my boyfriend.  


I was very attracted to her already. I started talking about her to friends, especially my lesbian friends. One friend later told me she had said to another friend, "take note of this girl she keeps talking about, she's going to be it for her." A year later we were desperately, passionately, and blissfully in love. She was just coming out and I was starting to too. I was still with my boyfriend.


During our road trip across the country, my boyfriend proposed to me very publically. I said yes. She didn't know he was going to. She was there. We both cried privately. That night, we actually told each other that we loved each other. I said I would break up with my fiancé. She said not to. I felt my heart break. We decided to be friends. At the end of our road trip, one of her friends and my fiancé’s friends told him about Geri and I. He and I fought and I told him what happened and that I was done with Geri. Geri and I didn't speak more than a couple of sentences to each other for 5 months. We didn't see each other for 4 months. When I did see her again, I felt physically ill. EVERYTHING I felt came flooding back. I made up an excuse to touch her new tattoo just so I could touch her. I only vaguely remember the next few months because I was very emotional. I was coming out in a big way to many people. I was drinking a lot and there was this heightened emotion I can't describe. I did break up with my fiancé, who I later found out hadn't been in love with me for quite some time either. Geri and I have been inseparable since.


She proposed in Portland, OR March 2010 and we were married May 2011.


My ex and his new girlfriend happily attended. The passionate in love feeling has never waned. I have never felt anything like this before. She is my entire world and will always be my life and my wife. Our story is just beginning. 


Lindsey's journey towards becoming BiConfidnet is truly inspiring. The love she shares with her wife, Geri, is undeniably beautiful. We are wishing them complete happiness! 

Want to share your journey towards becoming BiConfident and/or Love Story? Email us:

If you identify as bisexual, then submit a photo to the BiConfidence Campaign and help us debunk the myths and spread the truths about bisexuality. xo

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. What a lovely couple. Thank you for sharing this ladies.

    xo Tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. Congratulations on finding each other.

    ReplyDelete