- Our Godson, Stephy’s nephew, turned 2 years old.
- Our blog received its 5,000th visitor!
- Stephy was able to introduce Cori to all of her colleagues at her company’s Dance.
- Our blog was nominated for its second award!
After celebrating our Godson’s 2nd birthday and jumping around in the bouncy house all afternoon, I accompanied Stephanie to her company’s dinner dance. I felt nervous, but also excited. Meeting Stephanie’s coworkers as her fiancée seemed daunting, but her reassurance that they support equality provided me with some confidence. At the start of the dinner dance, the President of the company passed the microphone to each employee and had everyone introduce themselves, as well as their guests. Once the microphone reached Stephanie’s hands, she stood up, sporting a self-assured smile on her face, and introduced me as her fiancée. There were no shocked faces in the crowed. There was no whispering or pointing. Telling people about our engagement status was simple and without judgment. Moreover, throughout the course of the evening, everyone kept coming up to us to congratulate use on our engagement and to tastefully inquire about wedding details. It felt like a significant moment because equality in the work place is difficult to find, even in states where same-sex marriage is legalized. Equality in the work place goes beyond receiving state benefits; it is also about being treated with dignity and respect. Even more, it's about feeling accepted.
On another positive note, we would love to thank two lovely ladies, Sarah and Laura, from Sprezzatura Our Way for presenting us with our second award, the Liebster Blog Award! We are super excited that you enjoy reading our blog because we absolutely love reading your blog!
The Liebster Blog Award works like this:
- Say thanks to the blogger who nominated you and link back to them.
- List 5 blogs (ideally with fewer than 200 followers) that you feel deserve the Liebster Award and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Copy and paste the award to your blog.
We nominate the following for a Liebster Award!!
Last, but never least, A GIGANTIC THANK YOU to all of our readers! We’ve finally made it to 5,000 visitors!! We are half way to the 10,000 mark! xo