Monday, January 9, 2012

Welcome!

Hello Lovelies! 

I’m Stephanie, one half of “Stephorrine”. The other half is my penguin, Corrine. We decided to create this blog to share our adventures in love, marriage, and travel as we face the world together. It’s a new year, which means a lot of epic changes for us and we would love nothing more than to share our journey with anyone willing to follow. Maybe we can even inspire others to become fearless in their personal journeys through life and love, as well as encourage anyone who reads this blog to follow their hearts.
 
Brooklyn Engagment

Let us start from the beginning…

Cori and I met in college during the second semester of our freshman year. She was a nurse major from Connecticut and I was a journalism major, who later switched to a psychology and human services major, from New York. The date was January 31, 2005, in which Cori states that her first memory of me was listening to a recording that my roommate took of me ranting to my mom about our ridiculous dorm rules. We lived in separate suites, which were right next door to each other. Our first verbal encounter was at the school’s gym. We bonded over working-out and we quickly became intrigued with each other, and before we knew it, we were best friends.
 
College Cross Country

Cori and I have always dated boys and the idea of dating girls was never a thought in mind. One day, around the summer of 2007, I began to think about life with Cori as just my best friend and that image made me feel uneasy. I didn’t like thinking about her being the Maid of Honor at my wedding and vice versa because I wanted to be the one to marry her. The summer of 2007 was when I realized that I was bisexual and in love with my best friend. Cori, on the other hand, didn’t come to this realization as quickly as I did. I told her how I felt and she broke my heart. We maintained our close friendship and nothing changed. During the beginning of the New Year (2008), I decided to go on a date with my next door neighbor, who happened to be a boy, as a failed attempt to move forward from the heartbreak. I told Cori about my date and she became increasingly upset over the notion of me dating. Finally, Cori realized that she was bisexual as well and in love with her best friend. On January 17, 2008, we became official.
 
NYC Subway Adventures

Fast forward…

After I graduated with my MS in psychology and addictions in the summer of 2010, Cori and I embarked on a two week voyage to Italy. Upon our return to the states, Cori and I decided that we did not want to live apart anymore. On October 1, 2010, Cori and I moved into our first apartment in Stamford, CT with our boxer puppy, Madison Lily. It was the perfect location because it was settled in Connecticut and not too far from New York. As of current, Cori is working as a trauma/neurology nurse and I am working as an addictions/mental health therapist.

Madison Lily in Our First Apartment

Once the New Year came around (2011) Cori and I made the decision to get engaged. Cori proposed to me on February 13, 2011 and I proposed to her on February 26, 2011. We both proposed with beautiful sapphire and diamond rings from Brilliant Earth. During the summer of 2011, we ventured to Paris to celebrate our engagement. Our wedding is dated for October 13, 2012.
 
NYC Pride

Now that you’re up-to-date, we would like to cordially invite you to continue to follow our lives as we plan our wedding and our future, which includes moving to the west coast (hopefully) and traveling the world. Our blog title, Waking Up With Her, denotes that it doesn’t matter where we end up in life, as long as we are waking up next to each other.
 
Orvieto, Italy

Stephorrine Lily xoxo

10 comments:

  1. I wish I could whistle over the internet.... Good luck with the new blog....

    Hugo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the blog :) Submit your love story to our blog if you want to be featured (& may help you get couple more followers)

    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! We will definitely submit this weekend! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Cute how you go together
    Love your dog xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two are a wonderful inspiration. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a sweet story.

    Thank you for sharing.

    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely looking forward to more posts! I enjoy reading your blog! You two are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great story! I can't believe I found your blog 8 months after I moved away from Stamford! How fun it would have been to meet some blogger friends in the same town when I lived there!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved reading about the two of you. Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My name is Kesiena Salubi, a 23 years old girl from Nigeria. At a very young age, I realized I am romantically and sexually attracted to my kind. In the past few years, my sexual orientation had brought me in contact with a couple of beautiful girls who had the same emotions like me. And we really enjoyed ourselves a great deal.
    But recently, precisely in January 2014, the president of my country passed the Same Sex Marriage Prohibition Act. The law prohibits gay relationships, membership and other involvement in gay societies and organizations and gay marriages. Penalties can be up to 14 years in prison for gay marriages and up to 10 years for other violations of the law. Within a short period, the federal police department compiled a list of 1400 gay people who would subsequently be jailed. Within days, 478 lesbian and gay people were already jailed, with arrests taking place every day. The anti-LGBT bill stipulates that those who withhold the details of LGBT individuals face prison terms of up to 5 years. Our leaders are so insensitive.
    Right now, I am desperately looking for an opportunity for a partner abroad; I need someone who share what I share and feel what I feel. Please guide me. And if you feel like you are that special person, please let me know. You can reach me through my email: kesienasalubi@gmail.com

    Kesiena

    ReplyDelete